June 2021

i Monday September 27, 2021 by



June 20, 2021 


The Board Meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer at 5:02 pm.  Introductions were made and the Twelve Traditions were read by John F.


Board members present: Daren G., Sean M., Pat B., Martha D., Noah D., John F, Joe H. and Jean D.


Board members absent:   Joe H., Brian O., Jean D.


Guests: Daniel H, Susan H, Adam, David


Secretary's Report:  Martha noted that the May Board Meeting minutes had been distributed via email and no necessary corrections had been noted.  Noah made a motion to approve the May minutes.  John seconded the motion and the motion passed.


Treasurer's Report:  There were no May financial documents to review (past Board President had emailed them to subset of Board).  Daren verbally reviewed the content of the email he had received.  John made a motion to approve the April and May financial documents (Donation Summaries, Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheets and Wells Fargo banking statements) as summarized by Daren.  Pat seconded the motion and the motion passed.


Visitor Questions and Concerns:  David donated a new weaved basket that his mother made that can be used for 7th Tradition donations.



Committee Reports: 


Literature & Medallions:  Noah will order medallions needed.  Moved Big Books from the supply cabinet into the literature cabinet.


Facilities Maintenance:  Pat reported the toilet and steps have been fixed.  It was noted that cigarette butts need to be placed in proper receptacle.  Adam mentioned there is a new can outside for that purpose.


Publications & Public Relations:  John will work on newsletter.


Supplies: No needs noted.


House Security:  Sean reported no known problems. New keys were made. The past President’s name has been removed as one with approval at locksmith; Daren’s name has been added. 



Old Business:


Google voice rotation:  Daren reported having received many calls in past month.  Sean will take over for next month.


Gopher State:  There is a volunteer from the Saturday 11am meeting (Mark) who has volunteered to make chili for the hospitality room. He will come to the Board meeting next month. Daren noted we don’t want to be in a position where the Board needs to step in if there are not enough volunteers. Susan noted that the Dakota Alano Society Bylaws commit us to providing a hospitality room at Gopher State; the Board pays for the room and potentially other costs.  In the past, we have had a sign up sheet/poster to gather volunteers. Sean suggested we do so this year.  Daren inquired about how it will have overall organizations.  John said he and his 3 sponsees can serve that overall coordination role. Susan noted that some meetings in the past will pass a 2nd basket to collect for Gopher State room costs. 


Summer Picnic:  Martha noted she believes there is already a reservation for summer 2021; will call the City of Eagan to find out.  Daren noted that the Board Member with responsibility over Supplies is typically who organizes the picnic efforts on behalf of the Alano (in terms of getting supplies, getting supplies to the picnic site, etc.).


New Business:


Request to church from Chris B to hold AA 4th Step Workshop there:  Susan suggested we reach out to Chris B and have him come to the Board; we can look at times of current meetings at the Alano (all meetings back in person except for Wednesday 7am) – possibly could have 4th Step Workshop here. But if it is held elsewhere (like the Church), we cannot be associated with it or responsible for it. 


Food in House/Potlucks:  Pat noted that people are asking. David said he’s all for ways to generate fellowship.  Noah agreed.  Daren reviewed that the meetings themselves are responsible for supplying plates, etc.  Noah made a motion that food can be allowed in the Alano moving forward.  Sean seconded the motion and the motion passed. 


The meeting closed with the Lord's Prayer at 5:53 pm.


Respectfully submitted,

Martha D