July 2020

i Saturday October 3, 2020 by



July 19, 2020



The Board Meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer at 5:10 pm.  Introductions were made and the Twelve Traditions were read by John F.


Board members present: Sarah C., Daren G., Pat B., John F., Jerry H., and Martha D.


Board members absent:  Jean D., Noah D., Paul T.


Guests: Susan H.


Secretary's Report:  Martha reported that after sending out via email the June 21st Board Meeting minutes, she did not receive any modifications or corrections.  Also, the Special Board Meeting Minutes from June 7, 2020, had been sent previously for Board review.


Daren made a motion to approve both sets of June Board Meeting minutes.  John seconded the motion and the motion passed.


Treasurer's Report:  The May and June 2020 Meeting Donation Summaries, Profit & Loss Statements, and Balance Sheets are not available due to Quickbooks unavailability.  Approval tabled until statements can be reviewed.  Meetings are doing the best they can to collect donations; holding onto them – difficult to submit. Sarah will likely pass off Treasurer responsibility to Jean early due to her due date.

Visitor Questions and Concerns:  none


Committee Reports:


Literature & Medallions:  Daren said no report.


Facilities Maintenance:  Pat said he met with Bob from the Church regarding the thermostat. They were unable to get the old one to work, but they did install a new one provided by the Church. Pat programmed the air conditioning for the current roster of meetings. Pat will put the key that unlocks the thermostat case inside the locked literature cabinet.

Pat also mentioned there are a couple piles of branches.  He will reach out to Bob to ask if they will be removed. Jerry mentioned that as any of us are at the House, please check the dehumidifier. Pat mentioned it has a hose, so does not need to be emptied. 


Publications & Public Relations:  John said no repot.


Supplies:  Jerry noted that Wells Fargo will send credit card soon.  


House Security:   Noah emailed the Board prior to tonight’s meeting to indicate that he has been to the Alano and there have no concerns of note.



Old Business:


Summer Picnic 8/20/20: The Board discussed whether or not to hold the picnic, and if so, how to handle food.  Also, Pat mentioned that someone inquired about masks.  Daren noted that if we’re not supplying coffee, then supply picnic fare doesn’t make sense.  Jerry noted that in the past month, COVID-19 has not shown the decrease hoped for; the Governor is likely to issue a mask mandate soon; perhaps it is not the year to hold it.

Jerry made a motion to cancel this year’s Summer Picnic.  Martha seconded the motion and the motion passed.


Quickbooks:  John mentioned we can get a single user license for around $20 (whereas we had been utilizing a leg of someone else’s multi-user license). Uncertain if you can transfer records from one account to another.  John will look into how that can be accomplished. John asked if we can currently pull historical data (no, locked out as of 6/4/20.) John will contact Jeff C. and see if he can assist with transition.

Daren asked what we are obligated legally to track, per our bylaws.  Suggested that we simplify the process and not try to transfer everything from the past. Jerry noted that the reconciling all of the meeting donations manually, without a software program, would be a huge task; that Quickbooks is a huge time saver.  Jerry and Sarah will coordinate on this. 



New Business:


Status of meetings:  Pat reported that meetings are mostly being held outside, as Alano Members prefer this rather than going inside.  These meetings appear to be held offsite: Monday 6pm, Wednesday 7am, Thursday 7:30pm, Thursday 7pm.   Suggest we email all trusted servants and assess if they have a current trusted servant and where meeting is being held.  Martha will talk to Jean about current contacts and send out email to trusted servants.


Discussed who has responsibility for answering emails that come to the Board from the website. Board decided whoever gets to it.


Annual Membership Meeting 9/20/20 – in the emails that we send to the trusted servants, will tell them the meeting is coming up.  John will ask Hilary to post this on the website.  Meeting will be at the Alano, outside. Board meeting will be the following week.


Al-Anon time change to 7pm– need to update website, printed material.  Next time meeting card are printed, will include new time.  John will tell Hilary about Al-Anon time change.


Food at meetings:  Pat mentioned that some members would like to have food at the meetings.  Each trusted servant/group can decide individually.


The meeting closed with the Lord's Prayer at 6:04 pm.


Respectfully submitted,

Martha D