August 2016

August 2016

i Monday October 3, 2016 by

DAKOTA ALANO Aug 21, 2016 BOARD MEETING MINUTES

The meeting opened at 6:01 pm. Introductions were made.  Mark read the 12 Traditions.

Board Members present: Martha, Dan, Mark, Phil, Lee, Michon

Absent: Mike, Michon, Andre, Lonnie

Guests: Mary Jo (Advisory Board)

Secretary's Report:  Mike made a motion to accept the July minutes.  Mark seconded the motion and the motion passed.

Treasurer's Report:  Phil reviewed the July 2016 Meeting Donation Summary, Profit and Loss Statement, and Balance Sheet.    Martha made a motion to accept the July financial documents.  Michon seconded the motion and the motion passed.

Visitor questions and concerns: Mary Jo asked if we can get literature for the rack above the literature cabinet. Mark and Martha concurred this would be useful for newcomers.

Literature & Medallions: Lee said Literature cabinet is well stocked and he will do full inventory prior to the Annual Membership Meeting.  

Facility Maintenance: Dan said before it gets cold he will ensure that the lower level thermostat issue i resolved.  Nitti did replace the garbage cans.

Publications & Public Relations:  Martha passed around the first two pages of the September newsletter that Susan H had prepared; wanted to show the Board members the portion allocated to Annual General Membership Meeting. Feedback welcome.

Supplies: Mark said pop machine has been re-stocked.

House Security:  Michon said there was a key issue Friday morning which has been resolved; two people are co-chairing that meeting.

Archives:  Martha mentioned that prior to October Board Meeting

OLD BUSINESS

Receipts/inventory list from picnic -- Michon will send email to Marth to add to archives

NEW BUSINESS

Board donations to Intergroup and District - Phil mentioned that when he receives financial envelopes from individual groups, it is his understanding that those groups are independently also sending donations to Intergroup(s), the District, etc. Phil wondered if all of the individual groups do, in fact, make those donations. Wonders if the Board, on behalf of the groups, should collect and submit that money.  Mary Jo said that at the Wednesday night, once they get over a certain amount, that is when the group submits donations -- so it is not necessarily regular. 

Mike said maybe we could poll the groups and learn more about how they disperse funds, although acknowledged they are under no obligation to report such.  Mark said his understanding is Phil wants to take the burden off the groups to submit on their own.

Basement cleaning – the basement does not generally get attended to when groups do their monthly cleaning, Dan will make a new form that has checklist of what should be cleaned and will include basement tasks.

Outdoor bush/brush clearing by house side door - needs major pruning. Safety isue because door can't open whole way. Dan will do pruning; Lee and Mike volunteered to assist.

Martha reviewed annual membership meeting format.

Dan made a motion to close the meeting at 6:41pm.  Mark  seconded the motion and the motion passed. The meeting ended with the Lord's Prayer.

 

Respectfully,

Martha D