December 2014 Board Minutes

December 2014 Board Minutes

i Sunday December 21, 2014 by Web Admin



December 21, 2014



The meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer at 6:02 pm.  Introductions were made and the Twelve Traditions were read by Mary Jo.


Board Members Present:  Lonnie L, Mary Jo C, Dan W, Martha D, Lee G, Mike F, Rusty S, Michon P, Mark L


Board Members Absent: none


Guests:  Susan H, Gary S, Hilary S


Secretary’s Report:   Martha reported there were no suggested modifications to the minutes as emailed to members last week and provided to Mary Jo tonight.   Mary Jo made a motion to accept the November Board Meeting minutes.     Rusty seconded the motion and the motion passed. 


Treasurer’s Report:   Mike reviewed the November 2014 Meeting Donation Summary, Profit & Loss Statement, and November 30 Balance Sheet.  Mark made a motion to accept the financial statements as prepared.   Lee seconded the motion and the motion passed.  


 Visitor Questions and Concerns:

Gary had four concerns.  He had visited the DAS website today and noted the approved Board Meeting Minutes are not up to date (although he did acknowledged they are up to date on the bulletin board in the Alano kitchen) and he could not find a copy of the memo provided to squad leaders last month (the memo which said squad leaders had approached the Board about distractions at their meetings).  He expressed his opinion that the Board should not have been involved in this issue.  He expressed appreciation for the Board.


He also mentioned concern about inconsistent heat control among the three levels of the House and potential for pipes freezing.  Dan asked if it is possible to add a box cover so that members do not adjust thermostat.  Gary said that this has been tried in the past and members break the box to get to the thermostat are many at the House who appreciate the services of the Board.


Squad Leader Reports:



Committee Reports:

Literature& Medallions (Mary Jo C):   Mary Jo reported that materials are up to date. She noted that the hard cover Big Books sell out faster than the soft cover books.


Facilities Maintenance (Rusty S):  Rusty reported he will take a look at the furnace.  He reported that the coffee maker had become very slow and he cleaned it out.  Lonnie asked if there is a better shovel.


Publications& Public Relations (Dan W):  Dan thanked Susan H for her assistance with the newsletter.  He also mentioned that he has gotten feedback regarding the website not having updates or the details on the November gratitude meeting.  Dan shared information from Google Analytics which tracks site activity. Dan also thanked Hilary for her volunteer work on the website. 


Hilary gave update that we still owe previous site host $60.  New host will be charging quarterly; $10/month.  Next date for payment is 1/11/15.  She said she will post up to date meeting minutes and newsletters; and said she will attend more of the Board meetings to be more up to date on additional information that could be added to the website.


Mike asked about the website domain name registration.  He spoke with member Jeff C, who currently holds the domain registration, and they have some questions.  They will talk further with Hilary.

Supplies (Michon P):  Supply stock is good.

House Security (Lee G):  Lee reported that he has not been made aware of any concerns.

Archives (Martha D): Archives are up to date. 

Old Business:


New Business:

Michon asked about the New Year's Eve Party and if the House supplies anything to the party (no). Mary Jo offered to assist with decorations. Hilary will add party information to the website.


Lonnie said the quarterly squad leader's meeting will be held January 18th at 5:15 before the Board Meeting.  Martha will bring copies of the squad leaders' guidelines and will prepare a memo for squad leaders.

Motion to Close:  

A motion to close the meeting was made by Mary Jo.   Michon seconded the motion and the motion passed.  The meeting closed with the Lord’s Prayer at 6:41 pm.


Yours in service,

Martha D